The New International Standard for art object identification using stable, reliable, safe Internet infrastructure. Art Records is based on “Object ID” – a universal art object identification standard developed by J. Paul Getty Trust and adopted by UNESCO, ICOM, and major law enforcement agencies, including the FBI, Scotland Yard, and Interpol.
How it works
- Accumulate information about an object in one place.
- Store different types of records: text files, images, videos, data files for 3-D printers, touring schedules, and so on.
- Regulate information access: the owner of an art object decides what information should be publicly accessible.
- Publicise or monetise art object information about an object: make available pieces of information about an object – e.g., academic references, articles, catalogues, audio and video guides.
- Add 3rd party services: image printing up to a certain quality, memorabilia, gifts for students and children, museum store or limited edition sales, etc.