Instagram Post Captions in 2021: How To Write Them
Feature Image: Richard Prince, Portraits, Museum of Contemporary Art Detroit, 2019-2020
Long gone are the days of Instagram being used solely for the purpose of showing off your beautiful, aesthetic breakfast. It has now become a profitable platform with millions of users — a place where you can find almost anything and everything. Having an Instagram account is essential if you want to be relevant and elevate your business.
While Instagram is unquestionably a platform for captivating visuals, the captions you use to accommodate your images and videos are just as important. Today, we’ll look at how you can make the most out of your captions to entice your existing users and attract new ones.
Presentation post: what is it and what should I write about?
Creating and simply blindly advertising your account is not enough. You need to pique your potential subscriber’s interest. That’s what writing a presentation post is all about: to make your USP and what crystal clear. This will help attract attention to your blog, services, or products.
The first post, just like all first impressions, sets the tone for your account. If you opt to skip this step, you will likely drown among the sea of established bloggers.
Examples worth paying attention to
The “a few facts about me” approach is a good start. Choose a few interesting facts and events of your life — you needn’t retell your entire biography. Share about your feelings and views, this will make you seem approachable and ‘real’
If you can share your personal knowledge and skills — do it.
Experts in their given field are best off sharing advice and giving useful tips. It doesn’t matter if you’re in the business of renovation, photography, or hosting parties — you’ll always find followers keen to read your advice.
For a commercial page, it is important to stand out among myriad competitors. That’s why you need to be clear on how you can be better than other similar brands in your field. Focus on your USP and make sure that it’s very, very clear how you’re different from everyone else.
Employ engaging storytelling: tell us about the history of the project or document each step of the process that got you where you are now. And remember to be your authentic self.
Not a typical post, but no less impactful – introduce your readers to the company’s team. If there is a fascinating story about the creator of the brand, share it!
How to write an introduction post on Instagram
We want to help you learn how to write interesting and relevant posts for your audience. By following our advice, you will be able to attract new people to your page and hopefully, convert them into customers. Even a blog dedicated to a recipe you love can be entertaining if properly put together.
Where to start
You should start by making an engaging self-promotion post, but it’s important not to overdo it. Excessive self-promotion will make you look like a show-off. To avoid this, make sure to follow these guidelines:
- Before you start writing, think carefully about the subject of your post. Figure out the key points and make sure your text has a logical progression.
* Be honest. You shouldn’t fib or exaggerate to make yourself come across as something you’re not. Honesty is key. Whether you like it or not, sooner or later the truth will come out and anything you were dishonest about will inevitably surface.
* Figure out your niche and your one unique selling point, and reinforce it throughout your feed. You want your users to know exactly what they’re going to get when they check out your account.
* Invite new subscribers to share a few words about themselves in the comments. Everyone likes to feel like they’re a part of something – so make the most of it.
What not to do
It might seem difficult to write captions, but knowing what NOT to do can be just as helpful a guideline as knowing what to do. Let’s take a look at some bad post ideas to help you reduce the risk of alienating your audience.
- Overload your audience with excessive facts about yourself. Unless you’re in the limelight, most people are unlikely to be interested in knowing your entire biography. Highlight the most important features about your life, and make them sound fun.
- Use too much jargon and slang. Sure, today’s youngsters frequently use colloquial speech, but you don’t want to be reading a text solely consisting of things like “kek“, “azaz“, “skrt”, etc.
- Overload the captions. Keep it short, concise and sweet – otherwise, you’re likely to lose your audience’s attention.
What to write depending on the type of account you have
Instagram pages can be divided into two types: personal blogs and commercial pages. Then, depending on the type, the introduction post will be significantly different. What’s the difference? On the one hand, a personal blog involves subscribers ‘ interest in posts, encouraging them to view pictures, videos, leave likes and comments. On the other hand, a commercial page aims at attracting potential buyers.
Let’s take a closer look at what techniques should be used for each case to achieve the expected result.
Being able to write about yourself and your hobbies in an interesting way is an art form in and of itself. After all, there is a difference between “Hi, my name is Masha, I love horses” and “Hi, I’m Masha. Let me tell you about why horses don’t like loud music.“. Find interesting points to highlight about yourself and your passion.
Embellish the text using emoticons and paragraphs. The main rule is to write honestly. Far too many influencers get caught up in lies. Embellishments don’t benefit anyone, and you could lose followers and your credibility as a result.
Good advertising is the key to better sales. Focus on promotions, offer early bird discounts, and host giveaways (or anything else that’s applicable).
Tell us how the account will serve the reader and make sure that the key features of your product or service are included. Pay attention to the use of hashtags – don’t use too many (ideally, select 2-5). Make sure to include your logo on the image that you post.
In conclusion, maintaining an account on any social network takes some work, and Instagram is no exception. Create Instagram introduction posts to chat with your followers, find out their interests, and collect feedback. We hope this article will provide you with enough inspiration to do the above without much hassle!